Friday, June 11, 2010

Some sewing this week

I finished quilting the little top I showed you last week.
It took quite a while! I didn't realise how long it would take to quilt, but there are lots of little spiral patterns there!


Here are a couple more photos so you can see the quilting stitches more closely.



I am quite happy with how it turned out.

Next I will bind it and turn it into a cushion.

I hope to continue practicing my machine quilting and quilt something a little larger next.


I made one hexie flower this week. The photograph doesn't show the true colours, unfortunately.


I am having trouble adding more photographs tonight, so I will do another post.

8 comments:

  1. that sure is pretty. Looks like a lot of work in it.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little quilt!!!! The antanea on the butterfly is WONDERFUL!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little quilt , lots of stitching on that one .Your hexagon is very nice as well .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt and wonderful quilting. What kind of white fabric did you use? Congrats on your win from Cathy. Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet quilt top and wonderful quilting. Love the butterfly antanea. And, a beautiful flower this week Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting is wonderful and it is going to make a stunning cushion. Cute little hexagon flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your applique is gorgeous, and the quilting looks perfect. I must give one of these a go xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt top is beautiful as is your pretty flower. One flower at a time...we'll get there.

    ReplyDelete